As we discussed last week, many of us experience some form of faulty thinking resulting in negative emotions and leaving us feeling bad about ourselves. The first step in overcoming faulty thinking is to acknowledge your negative thought patterns. You may want to replace your negative thinking with a positive affirmation.
We could define affirmations as statements that affirm something to be true. Though, they are much more than that. Positive affirmations are specific statements which help you overcome negative thoughts. They encourage you to visualize and believe a statement to make positive changes in your life. Affirmations are phrases that you repeat to yourself to change your subconscious thoughts. Over time, they replace any negative beliefs or thoughts with positive thoughts. This instils confidence, positivity, and ambition.
Here are a few benefits of using positive affirmations.
- Reduced negative thoughts.
Since many of our thoughts are subconscious, positive affirmations allow us to become more aware of our thought patterns and feelings. This reduces the risk of allowing negative thought patterns to take form.
- Increased happiness.
Affirmations allow you to acknowledge the things that prevent your happiness, which in turn, allows you to surround yourself with the things that you want in your life.
- Keeping the small things in perspective.
We often take for granted the small things. Using positive affirmations allow you to remember how important the small things are. For example, if you’re healthy you may not appreciate it, but by using “I am healthy” as an affirmation, you are able to focus on and appreciate it.
- Better cardiovascular health.
Positive affirmations keep in you a positive mood. A recent study shows that optimism reduces the risk of heart attacks, strokes, and other cardiovascular events.
Examples of Positive Affirmations:
- I believe in, trust, and have confidence in myself.
- I eat well, exercise regularly, and get plenty of rest to enjoy good health.
- I learn from my mistakes.
- I know I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.
- I forgive myself for not being perfect because I know I’m human.
- I accept what I cannot change.
- I have control over my thoughts, feelings, and choices.
- I treat others with respect and appreciate their individuality.
These are only a few examples of positive affirmations that you can use. But you can create your own to suit your needs!
- Daily Affirmations: Making Your Life Better One Day at a Time
- Optimism Is Good For Your Heart
Christopher Bergland – https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201501/optimism-is-good-your-heart
4 thoughts on “4 Benefits of Positive Affirmations”
Pingback: 135 Positive Affirmations For Kids To Build Their Confidence – UsParenting.com
Pingback: Por que afirmações positivas são importantes? – conecte com voce
Pingback: What is an example of an affirmation? – AnswerParadise.net
Pingback: How to Write Affirmations | Skill Success Blog
Comments are closed.